PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 757-200 performance
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2005, 11:18
prb46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
757-200 performance

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes...

A B757-200 is taking off on a short airfield in south east Africa.
The aircraft is around 3-4 tonnes overweight.The weather is
calm with a slight haze.Temperature is 32c.Crew were expecting
54 pax but ended up with 232,four over their seating capacity,
but had to go.
Before V1,fire bells go,and there is indications of a fire in the
number two engine.
Aborting the take-off is not an option.They have to go.

Could any pilot with experience on this type of aircraft tell me
how they would expect the aircraft to react,and the chances of getting airborne would be.How much strengh would be required
to pull the columb back.

There was no load sheet or trim available,so what flap setting
would be used?

With the Captain flying,and aborting not an option,and with the fire bells ringing out,what would the first officer do?

On finally getting sort of airborne,the right main gear hits an
approach beacon.Would you retract the gears not knowing
of the damage or limp on with gear down?

The aircraft was due to fly to France,but has to clear this country which means flying 270 miles.

I know this all sounds crazy,but I have had to change the last chapter in my book.It was to end in disaster,but my publisher wants a sequel,keeping the same two pilots,and cabin crew in tact.I have done as much research as I can,but libraries and book shops don't have much technical data.

One last question to any 747 pilots.In chapter two,the same Captain as above,suffered a number three engine surge at three thousand feet on take off.I have heard of it and believe it is like
a car backfiring.Would this normally cause a shutdown or would you normally carry on.I know there is other forums on 3 engine
flying,but I wrote this chapter back in November,and the aircraft does continue to NYK.It has to for chapter five.Just wondering what the flight engineer would be calling and whether you would shut the engine down.

I would add that my book is purely fiction,and book one has only two fatalities,but nothing to do with the airline or the crew.
I am trying to portray the crew as proffesional as possible,which is why I need help in doing that.Just need to spice up a few chapters to keep the people not putting it down by the swimming pool next year.

Any help would be really appreciated.