PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 3000 over 2 at QF
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2005, 19:34
numbskull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its just another load of scaremongering from the QF bulls@#$ machine. They just keep putting out this trash to scare employees to take inferior pay and conditions.

Sooner or later one union will take them on for years of substandard pay increases or wage freeze that they have been offering. All employees have given years of productivity improvements and that has all flowed to the company bottom line.Surely EVERYONE doesn't think it was just the sheer genius of Geoff Dixon,35000 employees must have played some part!!

Well your reward is cop more of the same or we will sack you!!!

Personally I'd love to put on a stink and call their bluff. If they decided to send my job to China or wherever the cheapest option is then go ahead. You'll probably be doing me a favour. The world will still turn!! Maybe GD could get 50 or so Chinese/Thai/Indian children to sing "I Still Call Australia Home"- they'd probably do it cheaper too!!

I learnt as a 10 yr old to stand up to bullies and when it all boils down to it that is all that GD is. OK we had to tighten the ship a bit post Sep 11 and SARS,and we did, but QF will post around $1 billion dollars profit this year.

At some point you have to have some self respect and stand up for yourself. GD, Margaret Jackson,James Packer, Trevor Kennedy etc weren't shy in putting there hand out!!

Well I say bring it on!! I just hope my union colleagues/leaders also have balls-momentum is definitely gathering!!

I too have a Sydney sized mortgage and a family to feed but if we let this megalomaniac continually walk all over us then we will find the QF workforce will be a very disgruntled/ pathetic/ unmotivated/ unhappy lot.(Did someone mention customer service???)