PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Firefox 1.0 is out
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2005, 18:21
Mac the Knife

Plastic PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well TB, it hadn't occurred to me to try, but my copy of FF just this minute updated itself quite successfully........

I'm surprised you find it slow compared to IE. I think it's fractionally faster, but there isn't much in it. Opera certainly SEEMS fastest, but I haven't benchmarked it. OffByOne ( http://www.OffByOne.com ) is very small and very fast.

Some pages in FF (and other non-IE browsers) do load with errors, but that's because they aren't W3C compliant - they were composed for a browser (IE) which is deliberately W3C non-compliant. You can't really blame FF for that!

I think there is already plenty of competition for Microsoft's clunky insecure and non-compliant offering.

(BTW, there is also Amaya, Arachne, Barque, Beonex, BrowseX, Cheetah, Cineast, Dillo, Emacs W3, Encompass, Epiphany, Firefox, Galeon, Grail, HotJAVA, Ice, Jazilla, Jozilla, Konqueror, Kylie, Light, Lynx, Minimo, Netraider, Netscape, Opera, Pyleon, Skipstone, Star Office, ViewML and Zen for the time when you are ready to step out of Mr. Gates' box)

-----------------------------

"Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with /etc/sendmail.cf, "it never does quite what I want. I wish Christopher Robin was here."