PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help me, i fear i've made a big mistake
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2005, 14:18
Frank Drebin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Sick of Mr Pink....?

Dear Mr Pink,

Having read a few of your self-glorifying posts now, I am sick to death of your attitude and ill-informed opinions.

I have also read Mosspigs reply to you in another thread and have to say that I agree fully with what was said.

Having been a bursar member of a UAS myself, I find your attitude to be arrogant and unrealistic.

Let's look at it simply, if you really had proved your worth as a harrier pilot, do you really think the RAF would just offer you an engineer job straight away? No.

Don't you think they may have offered you rotary or multi if you really were that good and had such a good average? Yes.

Also, I am a little confused as how you actually managed to prove your worth as a harrier pilot by completing the UAS training programme. I realise that technically, having good marks suggests that the pilot in question is of the high calibre required, but that is only a measure of current abilities. While you, apparently, excelled at the UAS, you are misguided and big-headed to assume that this means you had the ability to continue this level of achievement through-out the rest of the training programme.

As far as I can remember, in 2002, the RAF were not massively overloaded with pilots and I was told by numerous sources that they were in fact anywhere up to 20% down on pilots at that time.

I think that it is about time that you accepted the truth.

You have not proved your worth as a harrier pilot.

You were rejected by both the RAF and the Navy.

Stop telling yourself, and more importantly everyone on this forum, that you were so close. The number of people who complete EFT and do not make it as fast jet pilots I imagine is rather large, so this in no way proves anything.

Did you really 'complete sorties' in a hawk? Or did you sit in the back and do as you were told? You arrogant so and so.

If your flying ability is all that you make it out to be, please explain to me, and everyone else, why you were rejected by two armed forces. I can only assume that they do not hold your UAS results in such high regard as you do, and that the rest of your character as an officer, leader and so on are inadequate.

Please give actual harrier pilots some credit that they are not just capable of flying a grob well, they are in fact more than proficient at flying one of the most challenging aircrafts in the RAF and Navy, but also have the qualities to lead as pilots and officers, and please do not assume that they were all in the right place at the right time and were lucky with recruiting numbers.

I cannot see how you are in any position to give advice to anyone on this particular forum and should perhaps find a forum which considers conspiracy theories.

I am more than looking forward to your reply, and hope to enjoy the arrogance and utter bulls**t that I have come to expect from you.

Cheers,

Frank

PS - You imply, when you say that your friend wished he had followed in your footsteps, that you made some conscious decision on what happened.

You did not.

You were rejected.

Twice.

He was not.

Move.

On.