PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirAsia, MAS and future Malaysian Pilots - BEWARE: MFA
Old 28th Feb 2005, 08:09
MASsenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Longlatif,
Have you been bit in the butt severely by MFA for something you did wrong. Your line certainly comes off as the sour grapes syndrome. You are trying too hard to run down MFA, although there may be justification in some of what you say. I have no idea of the quality of training at MFA nor do I want to defend them. I know MFA had a golden opportunity with my present establishment, but they blew it. You finally killed the goose by your presumptions of unsafe & unqualified pilots in the air at MAS & AA, who did their training with MFA.

I am sure AA like MAS will have it`s own training section to fine tune these MFA qualified pilots. I was a trainer at MAS and also DCA appointed check airman. I can guarantee you that we never passed anyone who was substandard. No matter what poor abinito training one had, no one slipped through the net. Sure there were a few with poor basics, but that only meant he had to work harder to get up to airline standards. Each of these abinito would go through a well structured program of Ground School, Simulator, Base Training and extended Line & Route Training before they can call themselve Airline Pilot. See you soon for your fine tune!