PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London City Airport
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2005, 15:48
virginblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't centreline operate a service from Exeter to Luton a while ago ? Or am I confusing something ?

On a German forum there is a rumour (repeat: rumour) that European Air Express is offering the soon-to-go DUS-LCY route to another airline. EAE needs the DUS-based ATR42 elsewhere because the German Anti Trust Authority has forced Lufthansa to surrender two domestic routes that have been snapped up by EAE (STR-LEJ and CGN-NUE) and EAE only has 5 ATR42 available. Talk is that another operator with a somewhat smaller aircraft might be approached to continue the route. However, the only smaller props certified to to operate into LCY are the Dornier 328, Saab 340 and Jetstream 41 and I have difficulties imagining what operators of the types might be interested (I am leaving unsuitable aicraft such as the Do 228 and the Twotter out).

I am not sure what the situation regarding the slots at DUS is - I suspect that EAE got them from Lufthansa as they are peak-time slots which are extremely difficult, if not impossible to get at DUS for a new entrant. Instead of simply handing them back to Lufthansa, EAE might be interested in making some money by continuing the orute with the help of a partner. We shall see.

Ntw, EAE has already some sort of "joint-venture" on two of their routes from FMO (to ZRH and THF) where the flights are operated by Regional Air Express with Metroliners and sold by EAE.