PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Racing to the bottom.
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2005, 10:13
Ralph the Bong

Talking Smash the corporate state now.

Pass-a frozo..

Don't worry, I am going to heap invective upon you. You seem a little too delicate.

"Striking is selfish" Wow. What a good little boyscout you are. I bet the boss and the shareholders just LoVe you .

Ever heard the saying "If you cannot bite the arse that sh!ts on you, then kiss it"? 'Seems more applicable in this case.

I can just see you asking for a rise (cap in hand) the boss saying "NO!!" then you appologising and asking if he asking if he would like you to get him a cup of tea or something.. (Oh .. um ..sorry...um can I get you a cuppa..'mate'..haha...would you like to me to bend over and assume the position again, boss? )

If you think that the only options after being knocked back for a pay rise are either staying or quitting then you have VERY limited powers of intellect.

Clarrie, I can under stand your problem now if the contract has not been signed, You beef is with your employer who has said basically "sign or else". Well, are you going to be stood over all of your life? (Just thought of that line from the movie 'Mad Max': "Any...thing... you say.. what a great philosopy of life") What they have presented the pilot body at NJS is amoral.

What is being put to you is that

you are now required to subsidize their business. They are telling you that you must dig into your personal wealth to pay for the business to operate. If this is going to happen, then at least require that you become a shareholder with all commensurate rights. You have them by the balls by the sound of things. If they lose the QF contract, they go broke. Its a booming market for pilots out there, mate. You'll get another job.

Remember the building indusrty tactic of the concrete pour: wait under the pour is half way through, then down tools. So, you should give consideration to waiting until the contract has been signed and then put the screws into NJS. They will then be under pressure to provide the service to QF. Like I said GET LEGAL ADVICE AND GET HELP FROM OTHER STAKEHOLDERS. Good luck.