PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Recrutment
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2001, 20:28
Katy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I have recently completed my type conversion course with easyJet. I found the training, both with The ATP Academy and easyJet, was generally carried out to a very high standard.

Having read the previous posts submitted by those pilots who were not successful at the simulator assessment stage, it seems that a general lack of suitable preparation and understanding of the exercise may have been a contributory factor.

easyJet do not assess flying ability in isolation at the simulator stage. The company has a limited time to assess flying ability, CRM and general airmanship during the exercise, all of which are applicable to the safe operation of their aircraft.

These facts were made clear to me by other pilots who had previously undertaken the simulator assessment .

A few simple tips:

Learn the profiles - there is no time at the pre-simulator briefing to digest all the information if you do not already understand the principles (it is not for me to tell you where to find the information. If you are serious about a career with this airline you will find it out for yourself, as I did)

If you have a long way to travel, use your common sense - stay in a local hotel the night before. £50.00 in hotel bills is a small price to pay when set against the chance of a career flying jet aircraft.

Do not think that low-cost = low quality and that you will 'fly' through the sim. check. Although the exercise was carried out (by an easyJet training captain) in a relaxed manner, they do expect a good standard of operation. Naturally, if you have not flown a swept wing aircraft before some allowance will be made - it was in my case.

There are no tricks in the selection procedure (in my experience), but easyJet expect you to be as professional in your preparation and performance as they are in their assessment of your ability.

This is my own brief opinion, take it or leave it. However I do now have the B737-300/800 on my licence.

Good luck to you all!