PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying faulty jumbo across Atlantic saves BA £100,000
Old 26th Feb 2005, 21:51
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given that a majority of people involved in the incident were SLF, it seems to me that we have every right to discuss it in this forum: However contributors would be well advised to read the technical postings on the thread in R&N before posting, which can be found here. It's worth noting that there appears to be some difference in opinion, even within the professional flying community.

As Cabin Crew, I'm accustomed to trusting my Captain's judgement on technical matters on a daily basis, so it is hard to imagine that this would have been different (had I been on board). However, given the nature of the job, this probably isn't surprising, and I can see that others might take a different view.

Most pilots I fly with don't take ill-considered risks because their favourite person is on board, and they want them to get home safely. Commercial considerations get chucked in the pot with the other stuff, but they are never the dominant ingredient.