PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Fleet Expansion.Ryanair to spend €4.5bn on 125 new Boeings
Old 26th Feb 2005, 21:45
Lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There have been constant rumours since Ryanair began their operations at Nottingham East Midlands Airport that the airport was set to become a Ryanair base, and certainly, an established no-frills airline that has ambitious expansion plans would be very benefitial to NEMA, as EasyJet & bmibaby really don't seem to know what they want from NEMA. So far the only routes that have been launched are aircraft from existing bases flying into NEMA, and apparently 2 more routes will be added this year not sure where to, but it won't be any based aircraft I'm sure.

With regards to Portugal; I find it very unlikely Ryanair will expand here. Airport charges are very high in Portugal, and there are very few secondary airports in the country. Lisbon has had such high charges its been a LCC blackspot, and Faro is served by airlines because they know they can get the market from the holiday operators. I know Porto is always trying to get more people to visit the region, so I was waiting for a LCC to start this route.