PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leeds/Bradford - what offices?
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2005, 21:37
run a mile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

The LBA website is good however, it could do with being updated a little more frequently. Multiflight also have a website with a link to their jobs page.

If you want to get involved with the airliners then Servisair is your best bet. Either Dispatcher or Ramp Agent jobs will be based airside. Passenger agents tend to stay in the terminal.

If you are considering working at the airport because of a love of aircraft then try to avoid working in the duty free shop or the newsagents etc. I couldnt think of anything more demoralising than being stuck serving drinks to passengers at 0430 am with the sound of a jet roaring down the runway! Running up and down airstairs, talking to pilots etc, thats where the fun is!

Last bit of advice, be persistant. I have had several jobs at LBA each one after what seems like an epic battle to get noticed. Write letters, telephone, e-mail, go in person do anything you can possibly do (within reason) to get the job.

Its been a while since I have worked at LBA and I dont really have any contacts to call upon anymore. If you have any other questions just drop me a PM.

RAM