PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student Exchange to Britain?
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2005, 13:09
Boeing4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Student Exchange to Britain?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question, so moderators feel free to move this thread..

Hello,

I am 17 years old and live in northern Italy, where I'm currently learning to fly gliders (the first step to my dream of becomeing a professional pilot!).

I'm trying to make up my mind about whether to spend a school year in the UK or Ireland as part of a student exchange program. The reason this has to do with aviation is that I don't know what is more important in a young pilot's cv: time spent flying gliders/motor gliders or having participated in a student exchange (signalising flexibility and ability to adapt). I know that both could be done, but only under lucky circumstances (ie not living too far away from an airfield).. What makes my decision more difficult is that since I live in the Alps, the flying experience gained here (less the equipment but more the weather) would probably help me in the future, or not?

If you think that it is feasable, then in which country would I be better off? Ireland or the UK?

BTW, I wouldn't need the exchange for my english, since I was born and grew up in the US and have been living here for 4 years. It would be to learn to live away from home and to enjoy fish and chips more often!

Thanks,

Marco