PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2005, 09:19
Bonaza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all. I am due to go through the aptitude tests for another time in June. I came out of the testing last year mentally exhausted and pretty nervous especially in regards to the distance/speed/fuel calculations knowing I wasn't happy with my efforts.

I wrote to Canberra and asked for a copy of my results. It seems I passed on the distance problems and missed out on the first test of the day, an instrument speed and accuracy tests. It was the only non computer based test of the day and we did the EXACT same test again on the computer at the end. According to my results I performed very will on this one. I was offered NAV or ATC but politely declined the offer.

The advice I can give from my experience is practise Maths/Physics problems without the use of a calculator. Get good at estimation and percentages. I am not sure if this book has been recommended previously but I have ordered a copy of "Wings - Becoming an Air Force Pilot". It is quite expensive but have been told it is very useful. I guess I will put that to the test shortly.

Good luck to all the cadets out there I hope I'm not far behind you.