PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 26 New Start ups this year!
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2005, 07:22
SmoothCriminal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Speed......

Living in India....I presume you haven't lived there before !

Would be a great experience for ya. Ofcourse there's up's and down's to it. Delhi is populated as you wouldn't believe...anyother major bases like Madras (Chennai I must say), Bombay (Mumbai aey'), Calcutta (not much of a base) are all the same for that matter.

But one shall have a great lifestyle if worked out the way and hooked up with the right colleagues. Expense way, can live great for a cheaper cost comparitive to the Western countries.

Most people are great, very polite and no shortage of hospitality. Then again, any country is bound to have that little percentage of moron's.

On the other hand.....guess you are aware that
- All Indian registered aircraft shall be operated by crew with DGCA papers
- No hope in hell for a non-national to get a co-pilot job in of these op's
- Oppurtunity for Non-national Cap's and C&T's wide open with a year contract renewable (around there anyway's), but no perm employment unfortunately (yet !)

If you've figured out the right life style and happy to spend a dollar or two (must say rupee or two) one shall love life. High life style chicks are great, rather very pretty as well I must admit. Yummo' food. Will be hard to get Vindaloo for it's actually a UK invention (that's what I heard anyways)

The way it's going, towards the end of this year there's gonna be serious shortage of crew, and delays in getting things going on time for this sole reason alone notwithstanding other matters.
That's ofcourse all these so called LCC start-up's do spool up !!

Ah, by the way that ozjet website..... www.ozjet.com.au (60 seat - all business class - 737-clapped out 200's) Headturner paint job though !

My two cents,,, rather two rupee worth

Smoothie