PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic/Blue Exchange Programme.
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2005, 15:44
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy All

An update for you... VS training is going well, just completed the 3rd week today (1st week all warm and fluffy stuff like inductions, CRM, cultural awareness etc; 2nd week AVMED - whoa!!! Quite difficult in some parts I found - its difficult to try and unlearn your Aussie stuff and then relearn a different type of logic here in the UK; Week 3 SEP - same as avmed - relatively easy, however some logic points are quite difficult to grasp!). A week and a bit left of SEP, then Service training, then the B747 conversion (from A340), with a few airport visits and ditching drills all strewn about too. Loving it - been snowing here south of London for the past week or so - very nice (except when trains get cancelled )

Really looking forward to getting out on line and experiencing it. I have to say (and other fliers who have changed airlines may agree with me) that coming from an airline background is not necessarily an advantage (especially when its a different country!) as the logic you have ingrained into you unfortunately is not always the same!

Anyway folks just a quick update, can't wait for the first roster!
Cheers for now all
Sinala1 (the UK edition )