PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 3% Payrise for the Armed forces
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2005, 15:40
TurbineTooHot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crossbow(s),

I know that you hanker for an argument well put. (See justifying lowflying example ad naus...)

I fail to understand people who moan and groan when they have just received a pay rise...bizarre
Right, we have received a 3% pay rise. That's great, our pay is going up. But annual pay rises are put in place to cover the rising COSTs of everything else (its called INFLATION).

Now, and I hope this is simple enough for you to understand, when the pay rise doesn't equal the increase in costs of everything else, it is effectively like taking money away.

This is why people are a little pi$$ed off right now.

Chaps, the reason that there are few recruitment and retention problems at the moment is because we have reduced the recruiting numbers and want to get rid of folk to downside the force.

What an incredibly short term view you lot have. Jesus, its like you lot are politicians going for re-election, or bloody adminers trying for your next promotions.

Or do you not think we need to recruit and retain the best people by paying them fairly. Oh no, they'll be the ones telling you that you're doing a crap job. Don't want them in rocking the boat.

Grrrr.

Turbine