PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to format a HD with win 2k installed
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2005, 13:58
tony draper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No the disc one wishes to format is not from a different machine,win 2k was loaded upon it on this machine, which origionaly was a Dual Pentium platform the only differnce now is that it has a single CPU .
The disc I wish to format works perfectly well in the machine as a master, it also works perfectly well as a slave to a win 98 Hard disk, theres nothing wrong with the disc or the operating system upon it,theres nothing wrong with the machine it is sitting in, both work perfectly well.
I think as I stated earlier,win 2k will not let a dos based operating system such as win 98 format it, but there must be some way of doing it, very frustrating,will give up on it today, lest one looses one's rag and pelts said hard disc agin the wall.

Err yes I can boot the machine from a floppy with the win 98 disc installed as master,and the win2k disk as slave, but as I stated earlier I have tried to format a slave hard drive on a previous occasion, I typed Format D: as normal but the machine commensed to format the C: drive, which was most distressing .
I think that is what I was asking earlier,is there a way of formating a hard drive when its installed as a slave
From my past experience I assumed that the format command from a boot floppy will only format the C: or master drive.