PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 25th Feb 2005, 13:24
volrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allegedly rumour has it..no one in partcular...living or dead...blah..blah..

Yes the site is still there however no news or updates, I did find this on the Army press site.
Barry is grateful to his support team and sponsors but admits that this time, Mother Nature has defeated him. But Global Eagle will be recovered to the United Kingdom and the money raised for Barry’s charities will be distributed. The team will prepare a series of presentations to schools, before winding down to go back to their normal military duties.
So it looks like
A: the money raised will go to the charities.

B: Presentations at schools ...Where When..?? I also saw that there was going to be a DVD of the trip etc on the Global Eagle purchases web page...Is that still on I wonder?

What I would like to see is members of Global Eagle coming onto this forum and putting there twopenny worth in. I know that Barry has a had a bad time of it here. I make no bones that I too had the odd niggle but lets face it he was the front man for the team, where are his backroom staff now?? Why should Barry take all the sh*t surely the problems were not only down to Barry but also down to some p*ss poor planning by his "team"
So I guess its easier to leave Barry to take all the flak deserved or not while they slither away under the door!!! Ummm sort of "backing" you would want from the team..Not!
Be men and tell it like it is...Dont hide away..

Of course I could be totally wrong, please feel free to respond and tell me so "Team"