PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Crews - are they happy?
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2005, 11:10
geldap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although I am not flight crew (but a licensed engineer) I would recommend Virgin to anyone. I have been there a little over a year and have found them to be a great company. They really do look after their staff and that makes people want to go that bit further for the company. Having worked for other large airlines Virgin are by far the best, great staff travel good pay and a benefits package second to none and employees are treat with equality dignity and respect.

A recent letter regarding pay rises for 05 sums it up. Although the company made only a tiny profit this year the letter started about fuel prices etc, I thought "oh yeah here we go" but it went on to say that the company believes in expansion when times are tough, the employees are working hard and that Virgin regards them as their main asset so a 3% pay rise !! My last company, despite making huge profits gave us 1.5 % in the last 3 years.

The flight and cabin crew seem very happy and it is so nice to go to work and not listen to people moaning (because working for Mr B there really is nothing to moan about) How many companies have in their agenda "to create a company thet people love to work for" instead of the usual bollox about "providing shareholder value"

Another nice thing about working for V is that they seem to value individuals and not corporate clones - it helps if you have a personality and a sense of humour, so if you go to an interview don't give the answers you think they want to hear as you will not get the job. Go in, be yourself, except if you are a corporate clone (CX pilots need not apply) and crack a joke if the opportunity arises !

Huge expansion underway for people who want to join. I believe that LHR will be all A340s with LGW and MAN having ther 744s, so new joiners likely to be on the A340.

Oh and the cabin crew are the best looking in the business as well !! (completely sexist - I know)

Good luck to those who want the job