PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trans Tasman.Who is making Money?
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2005, 19:42
Pete Conrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wirgin, have you travelled Emirates from Sydney or Brisbane to Auckland? I have, and trust me, Pac Blues "new" Foxtell in those aeroplanes will not beat Emirates choice of over 600 movies and songs from their in-flight seat back entertainment system in cattle class. Not to mention the meals on Emirates, oh and if you also want to thow in another, the fares Emirates offer are better, oh and another, no twit Flight Attendants, the list goes on.

Add to that, Emirates Sky Cargo in NZ as well, so no, your two points of Pac Blue being on a winner are wrong.

I didn't say anyone was making a decent quid on those routes, but I get a bit fed up with the Virgin bullsh1t artists telling everyone how good they are doing, when clearly, they aint. And if they want to get serious and play with the QF's, Emirates, AirNZ's of this world, then stop squealing, stop demanding airport space wherever you go, build your own faciliities and offer a better product.

QF Jetconnect crew are NZ based, so their cost base is low as well. Pac Blue overnight people in Australia, and as far as I'm still aware, in Wellington as well.

No one is ever going to make alot of cash on the Tasman, but the smart operators, not the half baked operators will do ok.

Last edited by Pete Conrad; 24th Feb 2005 at 20:15.