PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Emirates FACTS thread (merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2005, 18:17
maxalt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you mean to tell pilots from the “western world” “1st and 2nd world" workforce deserve a better salary and conditions because they are better??
No, I think the reason is clear enough from my posting if you simply read it.
And because Emirates will hire pilots from “3rd world” their reputation will suffer?
No...but it'll suffer if they have accidents because of underpaid/overworked pilots.
So please tell me how are pilots from the “3rd world” changing Emirates reputation? How are they different? Because they are working without complaining? Because they are following the contract and regulations?
Possibly. If they meekly submit to management tyranny, and live in fear of speaking out or refusing a duty, then YES they are likely to lower safety standards eventually.
Is it obligatory for employers to ensure that they pay their employees enough to meet the standards set out by you?
Not just me...but me and my peers. And if the standards in my company slip, we do something about it. But then we have a union. And a good one too.
Or should the salary structures be more in line with industry standards?
Which STANDARD are you referring to exactly?
How you make your ends meet be rest assured does not interest any corporate board room.
Until there's an accident. Or you get unionised.