PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What will SACAA destroy when theres no aviation left...???
Old 24th Feb 2005, 14:11
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, IRP, not, I hope RIP, the situation down there is becoming much as it has been up here (UK) for years. The cost of recurrent training is so high and the nausea involved, so great, that only the airlines themselves can afford both to pay and accomodate such mess of scrambled eggs.I have to do CRM, pool training, fire training, mouth to mouth (wrong victim every time) and so on every two years. Worse, if the relevant certificates are not signed off, you can indeed be grounded and that, at very short notice. Bonding; I am sure you know what I mean, has become the aviation employers' only recourse. I remember that, at an interview some years ago, Rough Ryan the Irish told me that I would not only have to be bonded but also to pay them for a 737/200 type rating course, out of future earnings. I have therefore applied to Emirates as a Pilot Recruitment Manager. Someone of ancient age needs to get up there and try to help the lads at selection time.
I very much fear that ZA pilots of the freelance notion, are going to reap a little bit of a whirlwind. My sympathies. Go shoot the men in black.