PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is going on at EZY?
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2005, 10:01
Mr Ree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the problem with BALPA. As a pilot at easyJet it is my business. In fact it is more than that. It is my life. I really cannot understand anyone saying that I have no business in what goes on in easyJET because I don't belong to BALPA. Frankly I despair at the quality of the representation that BALPA provides at easyJET. There seems to be a mix of bully boys and the mildly lunatic fringe with the notable exception of a couple of individuals who I do respect.

After every BALPA vote these past few years I have yet to meet anyone who voted yes. Yet the deals go through and the ezy pilot workforce again is overjoyed at the great deal BALPA has arranged. Not. Tony and his gang should come along and learn new ways to spin as BALPA has it down to a fine art.

To join BALPA costs a lot of money. A LOT. That's fine if the money buys the quality product. Sadly it doesn't. We keep hearing that the reps don't get paid. Hello!? What on earth are the subs going on then?

No, I'm not management. I just resent being manipulated by BALPA and management alike, that's why I belong to neither. As far as I can see at ezy there is very little difference between the two, and paying money to BALPA would seem to be another way of ezy management getting me to reduce my salary.