PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have you read this crud from Lord Bach
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2005, 09:38
Roland Pulfrew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I read that and was aghast. I note that Min DP mentions that "this Government has delivered the longest period of sustained investment in defence for generations" but quite conveniently forgets to mention the £2.7 billion savings measures that are also being imposed on the armed forces. If they are "investing" so heavily why is the RAF about to take a mauling on its manpower and lose several bases (want to bet that announcement will be delayed until after the general election?).

Shouldn't that bit on FSTA have read:
The Future Strategic Tanker Aircraft programme is the biggest and most complex private finance initiative deal ever attempted
and is unlikely to happen due to the cost and complexity.

I note he doesn't give any more information on where the programme stands, or when a "deal" will be announced? In the meantime Flight International carries another article on the KC767 programme for the ItAF saying that flight testing is due to begin this summer with certification early next year for a first ac delivery of next summer!! And they started their programme several years after the UK!!