PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agricultural ratings
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2005, 00:46
DIVINE WIND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Currawong,
Maybe you have been hanging out with the higher echelon of AG since you made your entry. I don't wanna be a prick, but you I can tell you that if you don't have connections in AG then it is a bitch to break into. My biggest problem that after three years of loading I decided to stop being treated like ****. Standing up for myself certainly hurt my chances, but I can tell you that after seeing "the right type of bloke" get ahead of me into a seat and then see them f#ck it up by working slower than their Grandma or flying their machine into something I lost interest. I just decided to take a break. Unfortunatley at that time I actually started getting phone calls from employers who wanted me. I decided not to go. Anyway, the timing of this and no bloody water mean that I only missed out on only another three years of loading, with perhaps the chance to do some part time spraying which would at least have covered the 110 hrs.
I chose to give AG a shot, my decision, and gave it a decent one so I am not whinging, just expanding your knowledge.
I think that it is great that you encourage others to go for Ag flying, but there are alot of us out here who have been there and have opinions to offer, opinions gained from experience which you should not make judgement on.
Work is work.....bull****.
All the crap we put up with to get to our destination in this industry (when starting out) has to be looked upon as an apprenticeship, some of us have to end up working for the turds which...leads to a loss of interest, but the experience I still have which I can offer to others.
Happy days
DW