PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Save our seaplanes !! Please lend your support.
Old 23rd Feb 2005, 17:47
Johnm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got this reply to my email

Thank you for your email regarding the proposed Byelaw, the wording of which is as follows:

No person shall knowingly cause or permit to be landed on or taken off from the surface of Loch Lomond any vessel which is an aeroplane unless the prior written approval of the Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park Authority has first been obtained.

It is too early in the consultation process to say what the final outcome will be. However, should, after consultation and subsequent agreement by Ministers, the proposed byelaw come into force, the Park Authority would only presume against the use of Loch Lomond by planes if it cannot be proved that there is no immediate or long-term cumulative impacts on the landscape, biodiversity, water environment and recreational experience of Loch Lomond. The National Park is not being 'hostile to seaplanes'.

You mentioned the issue of jet skis and motor boats on the Loch. In this regard, the Park Authority are also running a parallel consultation to review the Loch Lomond Registration and Navigation Byelaws (1995). I would urge you to contribute to this process if you are able.

Information on the consultation and copies of the consultation documents can be obtained from the Park Authority's website at http://www.lochlomond-trossachs.org/...tations_in.htm

I trust you will find this information helpful.