PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - skylink- Is it worth it?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2005, 15:51
pinkpyjama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skylink- Is it worth it?

Hi, was just wondering if anyone who has been offered a job with Skylink is seriously considering going. I got an email the other day asking me to send off for my CRC. I must say all seems like they want to seriously recruit but my main concern is that there continues to be no new information about them. They stressed that all was top secret at the interview as they did not want their competitors to know too much about them. Well I'm sorry that's all well and good but surely you must let the public know because how are they suposed to fly with you!
I currently have a secure post that pays well and would only leave if something special came along. Going to Skylink would mean a base nearer to home, more pay and if all got going a very exciting new airline.
However and this is the point all the above is based on loose theory and as much as I want to believe them; would anyone quit what they have and join them based on what little hard info is out there. How long would you be employed on basic salary only waiting for them to start flying; if they started at all. Is this just too darn risky?

I think I know what I'll do but was keen to know how anyone else felt.