PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coastal Aviation Tanzania
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2005, 17:31
Zenj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

The heading here is referred as Coastal Airlines, it's not an airline but a charter company as we call it here in Tz or in some places you can call it a commuter company.

Yes it is successful in a sense that It's one of the leading paymasters in Dar ( Arusha ... not aware but other companies seem to be better in Northern Circuit than Coastal ) in pilot salaries.

It has better pay then Precision Air and Air Tanzania , the two only airlines in Tanzania, it has several ex-airline pilot's who are very experienced and have turned down offers from those airlines to go and command ATR-42's and B737.

Now what else can I comment here as far as a Pilot is concerned, if the lady who does not know aviation run's it , do we care ? as long as the pay is nicer and better than places where the guys who run the air companies are having masters in aviation management but think pilot's are as same as anybody else in the company and end up creating a lousy place for pilot's and get even happier if pilot's decide to leave the company.

They could be some problems like any other place, there could be also some funny pay for those who have just come out of a flying school, I'm not aware of that but I do not rule out that in any company here in this part of Africa.

We know a lot of guys who have come here with 200 hours and were ready to fly even without a pay, for the sake of getting flying hours, but in reality if you were in the same situation and there were no choices what will you do ?

I stand to be corrected

Zenj

Last edited by Zenj; 22nd Feb 2005 at 17:49.