PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Levels of sickness?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2005, 11:25
Standard Noise
StandupfortheUlstermen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't believe there's much difference whether you have a good sick pay deal or not.
My last unit let you have 10 days sick per year, before your pay was stopped, which could build year on year if you took no sick time off (up to a maximum over 10 years - TR help me out here mate).
My present unit gives up to six months full pay and six months half pay for sickness. Between the two, there really is no great difference. There will always be those who will cry off at the first sniffle, those who wait til they know they have a condition which affects their performance and others who are blatantly taking the p1ss out of the system. Regardless, at both units, the management require you to have a 'back to work' interview after a period of sickness. The management know who the malingerers are and deal with accordingly...........sometimes.

What winds me up, is those people who claim they are never sick yet come in and breathe on everyone when they are sniffling without regard to their colleagues, then get rewards from the company for 100% attendance while their colleagues are dropping like flies from the icolds/viruses the 'good attenders' bring in and spread around.