PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coastal Aviation Tanzania
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2005, 09:58
cpt hamna sheeda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For 406pilot

Coastal (at least 5 years ago) was a company manged by a swedish woman with no idea of aviation at all, she has the position just because she is white. The italian owner, well the italian owner seems to be brought up in the better mafia traditions and he acts like it.

For me it was 7 days a week standby 500us a month including housing. That meant 1,5 months work to earn back the money paid to Mr Mw. from the DCA to get my TZ licence. I was paid in time every month but still felt happy to hold the money in my hands.

Everyday you hear that you only cost money (with 4 to 6 flights a day i earned my salary back in 2 days i guess)and a bad pilot (i never had 1 scratch on my plane), this was said to you by the swedish woman with no idea of flying. In the same months when i left 4 other pilots left just because the situation was unbearable. but this was all 5 yrs ago.

The positive; the local employees were all very friendly and helpfull, so is cpt Aziz a friendly and competent chief pilot. The country is beautifull and was the best flying i did so far.

It is shame that Tanzanian operators (excluded Northern Air) seem to think that this is the correct way to run a company.

kwa heri to all.