PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas staff low on corporate spirit
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2005, 08:55
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes socks - there is a bus leaving in 10 minutes.

Be under it.

Now seriously, after discounting the shallow end of the gene pool, it would make more sense to this little black duck to take care of your staff, be they aircrew or ground. I do harp back to years gone by (yet a-bloody-gain) but we adored our airlines, and would walk over broken glass to get an extra passenger or to ensure a good journey for a client.

Can anyone tell me that cutting to the bone on staffing a simple things like properly stocking an aeroplane is not going to be noticed by the general punter? It is - and it is being relayed back to me.

Had a client today on a round world one world explorer business fare who requested his SYD LAX fare was booked on the American side of the code share. I currently would normall do that as the commission is higher if OK with the PSGR, but as this was a high rank QF Club dude, I was going to default to Rat. The gentleman said "I do not like the way they are treating their people, and will not directly support them". After I picked up my chin from the deck, I duly booked AA outbound, SYD LAX PSP LAX SFO then BA to LHR and CX back.

Do not think the punters are unaware of very un-Australian treatment of staff and their futures. They are, and many high spend clients are not happy. The sad bit is that is the staff that this negativity hits first. It will be very interesting to see the cash flow figures QF post for the first quarter of this year. I think there may be a big shock coming.

Let them do their job without trying to undermine them at every opportunity Geoffy boy!

Best all

EWL