PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet ups the frills!
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2005, 18:50
payingpax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the basis of my last three Easy flights from Luton, it would seem there is a very simple way to get on the plane in the first wave regardless of your boarding card number and without paying the extra £10. Cheat.

Before I am flamed, I haven’t done this but…. once you have had your boarding card checked, there is nothing to stop you joining either the 1 to 30 queue or the 30 to 60 or whatever. There is no one there to police the system to prevent queue jumping – it’s all down to passenger honesty.

And on the subject of humorous PAs. On a recent flight into Luton everyone was very entertained (even my grumpy travelling companion) by a flight attendant who had transformed the usual ‘don’t smoke in the toilets’ spiel into a stand-up routine.

It worked (a) because she was funny, (b) because the whole thing was delivered with genuine comic timing and (c) because she knew how to use a microphone properly.

Its where (a) + (b) + (C) aren't present that it becomes a bit painful.

However, on this flight because what was being said had clearly been thought out beforehand, and because everyone could clearly hear what was said – it was a better and more memorable set of safety announcements than you usually get.