PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What will SACAA destroy when theres no aviation left...???
Old 21st Feb 2005, 14:49
In the hot seat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course standards must be kept high. But then it should apply across the board!!! This is a discussion for another day ...

My heart bleeds for the freelancers. I too, used to be one, until maintaining my Comm. just became too expensive. Luckily I have other employment.

Already the self funded recurrency training has claimed some victims. Any more expenses are going to kill off the rest. If you're not a cadet, being pushed into every seat the moment someone vacates it, you have little to no chance.

It's going to take some years for the industry to burn its fingers on the destruction of the freelance (self funded) pilot. They're needed if the various charter companies are going to remain competitive. Eventually, however, the pool of wealthy and priveleged self funders will run dry. Then you'll see those charter queens banging on the door of the CAA with their powder puffs trying to get out of having to foot the bill!!

Unfortunately, though, there will be many casualties before this sweet irony ever comes about.

It's all very sad...........