PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Presidential Helicopter Bid (and Result)
Old 21st Feb 2005, 14:13
tottigol

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You gloat in this forum while your tax dollars go to another country's pilots, engineers and scientists! All Bell gets to do is to bolt together the parts they design and make in Europe, and you smile!
Well Mr. Lappos, it's actually none of my tax dollars, 'cause I pay my taxes in Euros.
I believe that both European countries involved in the EH-101 development have been long time Sikorsky (and Bell and Boeing........) customers and the EH-101 is actually replacing Sikorsky products in their respective Armed Forces, so how can you say that those Countries are not allowing American products in their own home turf.
You may be right about Sikorsky doing well business wise, all the better for their employees, but weren't there recent papers headlines mentioning 600 Sikorsky jobs at risk somewhere along the S-92 pipeline?
So I take back what I take about the facade and I am just saying that I am happy for those (now prospective ex) S-92 folks that will be able to keep their jobs switching over to Lockheed Martin.