PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amazing Sights???
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2005, 13:40
407 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlowRotor, I've also seen that phenomonon once. It turned the southern Canadian Rockies into something that resembled Monument Valley Utah, It was unbelieveable !

Other notable occurrences...

..got buzzed in a deep mountain valley ( 500' AGL ) by 3 - F-18's..one went by my (206B) nose at 1/4 mile eye level, second went over me, the third veered off behind me. So fast and sleek..

...similar mountain valley, 500 AGL with a 2,000 OVC layer, saw a white object just ahead of the 206B, fluttering down from above like a falling leaf...initially thought it looked like a part of an aircraft, maybe a DC-10 cargo door ? closer observation showed that it was a Swan, with a Bald Eagle on top...the Eagles talons dug into each "shoulder blade". The Eagle, about 1/2 the size of the Swan, was steering it down to the rivers edge below. I circled wide a few times, and watched them land. Then departed as the Eagle started a great meal.

Flying a game count one winter, saw an Elk running down the road at full speed, right on it's tail was one Wolf. Not sure if Mr Wolf would have succeeded in the hunt or not, as we "intervened" in the situation. Sorry Wolfman, perhaps next time..