PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You are Tony B Liar.
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2005, 16:47
pr00ne

Received 140 Likes on 65 Posts
Talking

Pontius,

Ah, I see you are ranting and raving about the UK from afar? I was confused by your profile stating you were in Manchester?

You do seem rather confused, on the one hand claiming that we desparately need to retain the services of professionals in the UK yet on the other hand claiming that you are now living in the UAE?

I wouldn’t exactly claim we are suffering a brain drain, a very large proportion of those who leave the UK are fairly recent immigrants, a large percentage of those who leave are very blue collar, especially those fleeing to the sun.

As to your quote of “The armys of professionals leaving these shores………….”
I think that is a situation you fervently wish was true to back up how you feel about the UK.
Aussies, Kiwis, Zimbos, Boks and Canucks really think the UK is a laughing stock do they? Really?

Then how come there are SO many of them already here in the UK and literally thousands more applying? There are numerous “professionals” from those nations in my line of work, all over here for the challenges and buzz of a really dynamic economy and truly eclectic environment. They enjoy being a part of the world’s 4th largest economy and one of the fastest growing on the planet that provides them with so much more than their own nations can.

Hope life in the UAE is pleasant for you, democracy is obviously not a factor in deciding where you live.
That open and accountable regime must be such a refreshing change from Blair and the UK.

Last edited by pr00ne; 20th Feb 2005 at 17:45.