PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe
Thread: Flybe
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2005, 15:25
Maude Charlee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely sim checking people at present, but it is going to be a long, slow process. The sim is pretty busy as I understand it, and as I'm sure you will appreciate, there are more interested parties than the flybe wannabees. There have been type rating courses running for flybe's own 146 crew conversions, and I know that Flightline too will shortly be after the sim (if they haven't got it already) for sim checks and type rating courses.

There is also little point in sim checking absolutely everybody who passed the interviews right now, as flybe simply don't have the capacity to get you through their own training programmes, regardless of whether they actually have a vacancy to put you in. It is much more likely that you will be left in the holding pool (even though nobody has probably officially told you that you are in the holding pool), until such time that they have both sim slots and training capacity, and only then when it is most relevant, will your current ability be assessed.

Painful I know, but patience is a virtue. After well over 2 years, I can easily wait several months. I'm sure you can too.