PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What will SACAA destroy when theres no aviation left...???
Old 20th Feb 2005, 14:28
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contraxdog.

I enjoyed your last post very much. It was pretty apt. I am most relieved to read your spelling postcript. By my calculation it is only 17.15 down there.
I started life off as a freelance charter pilot at FAGM. I flew on many a private special day and faced up to many a charter queen who wanted six pax in a five pax Baron - or whatever other idiocy motivated their ghastly lust for profit at the expense of safety and common sense! It was very hard work and I was lucky to land a job in a regional airline many years ago. For this reason, I am only just going grey and preserve, to this day, my Clark Gable good looks.
I fear that your assessment of the motive for the latest legislation is quite correct. No more charter pilots of the professional ilk. SEPPA would be a good idea if enough chaps would join. As you well know, pilots do not like to find money even if the end result might be to their benefit. Good luck: