PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Racing to the bottom.
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2005, 07:12
Three Bars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dirty Deeds,

I started a post called "what happens next time??" about five days again that said much the same thing as you have said, (namely be proactive and have a common union). It had 5 replies and the thread then died.

Those that did reply said basically that I was too idealistic and that it would never happen because pilots are all too selfish. To me, it seems that most pilots on this forum are happy to see all the white-anting and back-dooring going on as long as it is to their betterment.

So maybe those replies are right. Pilots are too selfish and therefore we deserve what we get, and management will laugh all the way to the bank with their bonuses that we earned for them and subsidised through our reduced conditions.

In line with the spirit exhibited by most members of this board, I will be fighting to keep what I have. Watch for the next QF EBA though - if ever one was going to be voted down it will be this one.

To Animalclub, as I recall, both sides (TAA and Ansett) were represented by the AFAP prior to 1989, so there is a precedent.