PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS require Awesome Flying Qualifications
Old 19th Feb 2005, 16:46
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
swh

The Hong Kong CAD stipulates that “Instrument Flying” must be logged only when manipulating the flight controls solely by reference to instruments, either under actual or properly simulated instrument flight conditions. This is considerably more restrictive than in Australia where CASA has defined IF time to include the above and when the Auto Pilot is engaged. As I fly a “B” registered aircraft on my HK license logging the hours in a HK logbook, the Australian rules don’t apply. It is worth pointing out that the HK CAD have allowed me to keep all my IF time from my Aus license.

As for the Australian with a UK JAR license flying a “G” registered aircraft. The only problem I see here is if he wanted to convert his license or use the foreign IF time for keeping his Aus license current.

In conclusion you log the time in accordance with the state regulations for which you are licensed and operating in. If you want to keep a number of licenses valid then you need to comply with all the state requirements.