PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Software installation problem
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2005, 11:28
WindSpirit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,

Thanks for all your help and I'll try and explain things a bit more clearly. Initially, version 8 was installed on XP home and was then upgraded to version 9. Version 9 worked fine with XP home and SP2. Version 9 was then upgraded to pinnacle studio plus with the version 9 upgrade. So far so good apart from the program freezing due to virtual memory problems. I posted another message about that and based on the answers managed to allocate more virtual memory yesterday. The system had 10-fold too little virtual memory (144 MB instead of 1534 MB).

Because pinnacle studio plus was freezing, my father uninstalled it and put on some other video-editing software called ULEAD video studio 8 and ULEAD cool 3D. When I tried to put pinnacle studio plus back yesterday, it seemed not to recognize the free space on the hard drive and I got the error message. I thought there could be a problem with the upgrade installation as there wasn't an existing version of pinnacle on the computer anymore. We couldn't find the serial number for version 9 so I tried to install version 8 instead as the serial number is printed on the CD and you can upgrade directly from version 8 to studio plus. However, I got the same error message that there wasn't enough disk space.

I'm debating whether to uninstall ULEAD and see if that makes a difference, as everything seemed to be working before this was on the PC. Now I can't install any version of pinnacle.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!
WS