PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exeter EXT for sale
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2005, 21:31
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exeter EXT for sale

I see EXT is for sale, with a provisional cost of £10m.

According to the most recent CAA figures, EXT handled just over 1/2m pax on a rolling 12 month basis - having had major growth since Flybe opened a major base there in March last year (oddly enough, the same day TOM started here at CVT).

I believe that TUIs purchase of CVT was the last major airport sale in the UK, so no doubt this one will be interesting to watch. If TUI paid "under €10m" for CVT, did they get a steal, or would the planning wrangles have put a heavy dampener on the possible sale price?

There are suggestions that TUI would aim to sell CVT on once they have got though the planning wrangles, and I understand that there are various other LA owned airports which need to sell up in order to be able to invest in facilities.

Who are the likely buyers going to be - Peel seem to be shopping at the moment, or would they want places where they can squeeze in a bit more retail. EXT's terminal is fairly tatty, but then again quite a few of the units at LPL seem to be inactive atm, so how much ancilliary revenue can these smaller airports really rake in?