PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2005, 13:16
Hampshire Hog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

Well, my flying career isn't continuing very well at the moment. I haven't managed a single lesson since the beginning of January - all cancelled due to the weather (my personal raincloud again).

It was a relief to satisfy the urge by getting in the back of a 757 yesterday for a short domestic hop!

I have read all of the comments re. exams with interest. I agree entirely with sentiments that, as students and qualified PPLs, we need to understand the subjects covered by the exams. How many of us can remember every rule in the Highway Code? We still drive. Good pilots read lots and continue to learn throughout their careers.

However, as I have pointed out on a couple of occasions, the CAA questions are not only written in a confusing way, but some of their 'correct' answers are rather dubious in fact. (See my comments in an earlier post on the human factors - time to avoid a collision question). This makes 100% passes somewhat unlikely for the majority.

From what I've read, I think everyone on this thread aims to be safe and professional. Flying is a privilege. Safety is going to be improved by mature and open discussion. Not by jumping on anyone who writes a word out of place.

I've noted the apologies passed between those concerned, but I also hope we can continue discussions in a more positive and friendly manner. That might set an example to some of our 'professional' colleagues on their part of PPRUNE!

HH