PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stressed and trouble to relax
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2005, 13:08
lamma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fortuna76

Hey fortuna76 I was interested in your story. Food for thought. Obviously we all know about smoking and the disadvantages but I have another angle.

Sometimes when you are stressed your stomache increases acid build up as a reaction. This stressful tension causes your diaphragm to induce your stomach to leak acid up into your asophegus (sorry if the spelling is wrong) which feels like a chest pain.

The reason I know about this is because of the stress I had whilst holding down a family, stressful travelling job and doing ATPL theory exams all at once. I had a berilium meal (they make you swallow a chalky shake and with x ray watch it move through your stomach as they turn you upside down. You then drink water, lots fast and then they measure stomach leakage). When I had this done I was told that my stomach 'cap' was leaking acid feeling like heart burn, which could panic you into thinking of the worst of course. Anyway after my ATPL's were finished and life slowed down it all got better and seems to be OK.

So what I'm trying to say is it may be something else and what you need to develop is relaxation techniques and chill time.

The gym works for my 'personal time' with a sauna but everyone has different ideas whether music, meditation or walking.

Anyway hope this helps.
Lamma