PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you don't give me an upgrade, I'll...
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2005, 11:22
Snoopy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was once travelling on Swissair in J from YUL to ZRH with my Father-in-law who was on a companion award ticket. I had prereserved seats so we would be sitting together. We flew to YUL from YYZ and when we went to check-in for the SR flight, they told me that I had been upgraded (but not my Dad-in-law). Anyway, I thanked them very much but said that I would rather sit in J with him. They said ok. At the gate they called my name and upgraded us both. Now that got me serious brownie points> I told him that I had nothing to do with it, but he doesn't believe me. Ah well, who am I to argue?

When I was in the business (many moons ago) and was station manager for a US carrier somewhere in Europe, I had a journalist turn up with a cheapo ticket. He flung it at the check-in agent with his press card and said "business class, please". I was standing behind the desks and she turned to ask me what to do. I looked at the ticket and said "I'm sorry but it's an economy ticket". He said "I know, but I have to work". My answer to that was that next time he would have to get his editor to pay up for a J-class ticket....and he travelled down the back.