PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas staff low on corporate spirit
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2005, 04:28
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
If Dixon has actually said what he is quoted as saying then I'm very sorry for all you Qantas staff, especially long haul flight attendants because that was both a veiled threat and an insult if ever I heard one.

It is perfectly obvious that Dixon is a narcissist as he enjoys using his power to inflict pain. He is also made it quite plain that he is not going to change his management style. The crack about psych says it all. Narcissists are notoriously untreatable anyway.

In the survey, you were supposed to say that the sun shines out of GOD's fundament, and if you had said that, he would have taken it as his right and proper due.

Since you little people didn't say that, then your silly survey will be ignored, except to single out who to punish.

I'm waiting for the next Dixonion pronouncment.

To date I am aware of;

"Legacy airline"

The letter to Hammy Island residents.

References to his behaviour that reek of the sense of entiltlement common to these people.

The usual response to these survey results are "sensitivity" training sessions for managers (I'll bet the proposal is already on someone's desk). The usual twaddle is about making heroes out of your staff celebrating achievments, telling jokes and making work fun.

After seeing the stunned disbelieving silence after the mars bars or the cake are passed out at the staff meeting, the retrained but insincere former fire breathing managers revert to type pretty quickly.

But it looks like you are not even going to get that. The survey will be used to divide and conqer some more. Good luck all of you.