PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I want to fly in the RAF but I am terrible at maths, do I have a chance?
Old 17th Feb 2005, 20:52
Smoketoomuch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my opinion there are very few people who are inherently bad at maths (perhaps the exception being those who have the 'numbers' equivalent of dyslexia). You have probably just been badly/inappropriately taught. Consider getting a private tutor - they're not expensive, usually university students earning a few extra bucks - look in your local paper. If he/she is not making it clear to you then sack them and get another, it is their fault not yours. Very often a different approach makes everything much clearer.

I know people who have had just a few months private tutoring and looked back with amazement at how stupid they used to be and how it is now all so easy. The biggest problem facing the tutor is rebuilding confidence of a 'failed' student, and from your post it perhaps sounds like that is what you need more than anything else.

As with many things in life, success depends on how much you want it. Try every route. Good luck.