PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew shortages...again!
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2005, 14:52
BA Boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dark Star:

This was never an issue of how many people share or don't share my view. Quite frankly, it really doesn't bother me.

RevMan Plan:

1) Is it ONLY the cabin crew community who's sickness levels increase at certain times of the year? I think that you'll find that that is certainly NOT the case. And while we are on the subject of sickness levels, may i just point out that, contrary to many peoples beliefs, our sickness rates ARE NOT the highest in the company. There are a couple of departments who are comfortably ahead of us in that area.

2) Cabin Crew cannot do overtime in other departments as we are on a FLYING contract, not a GROUND contract. Also there are strict rules (imposed by the CAA and JAR-OPS) relating to our rest after duties. Anyway, I'm sure that most crew after doing a trip wouldn't in a million years dream of doing overtime in a ground-based roll even if we could! Yawn!

3) Put quite simply, we as a section of the company and our union, BASSA, have learnt that if we are flexible and give an inch the management take a bloody mile. We, unlike other areas in the company, are correctly VERY weary of management and refuse to roll-over and take it. Many other departments have done and look what a state they are in and how much lower their morale is! As usual we will stand our ground and when they end up not taking anything away from us because of that fact, yet again, we will be the envy of the other departments in this company. You just have to accept that this is how the cabin crew always have been; are and always will be. Simple as that.