PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Emirates FACTS thread (merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2005, 13:56
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not from here

I'd like to know who the operating Captain was on your Sydney and gently remind him to look at the min rest requirements. Min rest is 12 hours at base (12.30 after chocks on) If your duty is longer than 12 hours then your rest has to be increased to match the amount of time you've been on duty ie 15hr20min duty requires rest of 15hr20min.This has nothing to do with factorizing so they can't reduce it because there were 4 Pilots.It's the DUTY time that counts NOT flight duty period. If your facts are correct,that flight operated back illegally!

Ghost.

As you say,I can only comment from my perspective and I know it can vary amongst the fleet.There is still plenty of white left on the leave bids for B777. I wish I did have 30 days off although in February that might be difficult eh?

2 questions;

1) Heard that we now get credit for sim support?
2) I thought that the hours factorizing was only applicable for the time to enter log book for stick time etc.not interpreted the way that EK have to allow more flying a month.I am not familiar with the ultra longhaul 'yet' but this question should be asked on the main forum to see what the other Airlines do!