PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2005, 13:26
TOPJET973K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAC

Gang.

After posting my prevoius intentions I feel I must respond to Barslob/Clearfinals as I, at the time felt very strongly about this subject.

Captain Joe Forster, Chief Pilot of the now defunct Gill Airways, Director of Flight Operations of the now defunct Cougar Airways and now Director of Flight Operations at Globespan did, while serving on the committee write the twin training manual for the club, he took payment of approx £2000+ for writing this manual which was obviously auithorised by the committee at the time - I believe KL, AC & Joe himself, while I believe there was/is a nominal charge from the CAA, no other costs should have been incurred from this. I must add this was long before my stint. I genuinely don't know if these type of manuals/training documents are/were available from the CAA.

Les Bates, our fine ex RAF Pilot and club instructor rewrote the manual in his own time about 2 years ago and "charged" not a penny for doing something that Joe paid himself money to do.

I think the "gravy train" was in full steam a few years ago where people were taking payment for anything and everything.

And JC, did the CFI job for years on a 1/4 of the salary our most recent CFI was earning - diabolical. JC would do extra flights etc because he loved the club AND the students and never ever asked for extra payments for things such as overtime etc, things that others wrote overtime requests for at the start of each month, and I'm not talking about Andreas, Ian, Les, Ovey, Malcolm et al.

Last edited by TOPJET973K; 17th Feb 2005 at 13:57.